Past and recent projects carried out by the agency
Achievements by fire department between May 2019 – April 2020
- Repairs of two (2) nos. fire trucks and three (3) nos. utility vehicles.
- Procurement of 5 Nos Fairly Used Fire Truck.
- Procurement of thirty (30) drums of chemical foam Compound (Fluoroprotein Foam Concentrates)
- A total number of 581 fire calls and other rescue operations were attended to by the department, between May 2019 to April, 2020.
- Fire Safety inspections were carried out to 226 Petrol Stations, 69 Industrial premises, 6 Hotels, 34 Banks, 9 new sites, 6 Gas plants, 155 Re-inspections to Schools, while sensitizations on fire prevention was carried out in 13 major markets between May 2019 to April 2020.
- Procurement of five (5) nos. brand new Fire Trucks.
- Procurement of Special fire tools.
- Purchase of Thirty (30) nos. 12V 150AH Batteries for fire fighting vehicles across the state.
- Re-validation of Iseyin and Igboora fire station construction
Compeleted projects recently carried out
- Procurement of thirty (30) Nos. Drums of chemical foam compound (Fluoroprotein Foam Concentrate)
- Repair of 5 Nos of Fire Service operational vehicles
- Procurement of five (5) nos. fairly used fire trucks.
Proposed projects in the 2020 budget
- Re-construction of Oyo fire station
- Purchase of Fire Fighting Equipment
- Purchase of Electronics/ Electrical Equipment - Procurement of Special Fire Tools
- Construction / Provision of Infrastructure - Construction of new boreholes at New Gbagi, Aleshinloye, Ultra Modern, Ogbomoso and Eruwa fire stations
- Construction / Provision of more Fire Stations